The routine, THE ROUTINE!
(If you have seen Friends read it with Monica and Ross’s voice. Lol.)
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE STEP BY STEP
This routine has been saving my pores from accumulating oil and dirt, which later turn into acne. I first saw this clay mask as a recommendation from someone on Instagram (I can’t remember who it was), and I decided to give it a try. Since then, I have been using it religiously every week, and my pores couldn’t be happier.
This clay is made of calcium bentonite that comes from volcanic ash and contains over 50 minerals. Bentonite clay has a negative charge, which binds to positively charged molecules or ions, removing all your skin’s impurities such as toxins, dead skin, and oils. It’s also antibacterial, and it has several other healing properties that have been widely studied. Just do a search on Google Scholar if you’re intrigued by this. ;)
- I use an exfoliating mitten that helps to remove the clay out of my face.
- Once all is clean, I use a tab of facial cleanser on a brush to remove the rest of the clay in my pores.
- Dry the face.
- I wait a few minutes to apply the other products as my skin is sensitive, and it might give a burning sensation if I apply right away—It’s like using a deodorant spray right after shaving. It hurts.
- Then I apply a hydrating serum, moisturizer, and SPF. I keep my routine simple for the next few days, so my skin can recover from the intense detoxication it just had.
The products I used in this routine:
- Bentonite Clay – Aztec Secret
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Heinz
- Soniclear Antimicrobial Facial Brush – Michael Todd
- Clean it Zero Foam Cleanser – Banila Co
- Hyaluronic Acid Hydration Serum – Replenix
- Peptide + Ceramide Repairing Moisturizer – Dr. Zenovia
- Umbra Sheer SPF – Drunk Elephant